Medical issues almost always happen unexpectedly and they can be serious or just minor. But, when do you choose to go to the hospital, a general practitioner, or an urgent care in Leander, Texas? Take it from the medical professionals at our urgent care in Leander, Texas. We devote our talents to provide the best care we can give you. But sometimes, some elements are too big for us to handle. Not sure if you should visit an urgent care or emergency room? Read below for more information!
The Problems We Cover
At Family First Express Care, we do the most we can for our patients. But, sometimes the job is too big for us, and patients need to be seen in an emergency room instead. Although, we can’t blame patients for getting caught in the panic of an accident. So, how do you combat this? It’s easy—you can familiarize yourself with what a facility handles before mishaps even happen.
That being said, what does our urgent care in Leander, Texas handle anyways? Be aware that most, if not all, urgent cares treat minor symptoms and conditions. Take a look at some examples of ailments we treat and determine if you need to visit us as soon as possible.
- Rashes: Common skin issues are typically easy to handle. No matter if it’s caused by a sting, infection, allergic reaction, or more—we have you covered.
- Cold or flu symptoms: Our staff is able to determine if your incessant coughing is more than just allergies.
- Vomiting/Diarrhea: While these often symptoms go away on their own, if they last longer than a day, you need help from a professional.
- Sprains or other similar injuries: Our x-ray equipment allows us to diagnose the pain you’re feeling to determine the best course of care.
And more! There are a number of ailments we can help with. But, there are also some we can’t. You can also review our Emergency vs. Urgent Care chart as a quick reference. Know when you should visit an urgent care in Leander, Texas.
When Should I NOT Go To An Urgent Care In Leander, Texas?
Going to an urgent care is quick, affordable, and easy. However, that doesn’t mean that it’s always necessarily the best plan. Sometimes, if your ailment is too severe, we may not be able to help you.
At Family First Express Care, we do our best with minor injuries and illnesses. If you think that your injury is more than a sprain, bigger than a gash, or is a serious medical illness then it’s likely better to find the nearest emergency room. But what specifically do we mean? Here are a few examples for you:
- Think you have a concussion or have another head injury? Time for an emergency room. Many urgent cares don’t handle these types of accidents, simply because they don’t have the equipment.
- Chest pain. Seems simple, right? Sometimes it is. But, other times, this is indicative of bigger issues such as a heart attack. You’ll want a specialist handy.
- Severe injuries. Major burns, cuts, and other injuries are best suited for the emergency room. Urgent care can manage minor injuries.
- Seizures. These can be indicative of bigger issues or could’ve left damages. Check in at an emergency room.
If things are minor, feel free to come by our urgent care in Leander, Texas. If it seems like a more major problem, find a hospital as soon as possible. If you aren’t sure if you should visit an urgent care or emergency room, you can always call our urgent care and we will guide you in the right direction.
Check-In In Our Urgent Care in Leander, Texas (Coming Summer 2020)!
Take a look at your injuries or symptoms—if you fit the bill, it’s time to visit our urgent care in Leander, Texas. If you have a question for our skilled staff members, feel free to get in touch with us. Send us a call at 512-337-7537, and one of our professionals will be with you shortly.
Know where you need to go BEFORE accidents happen. For more information, make sure to keep up with our blog! We’re always happy to help our patients however we can.