Employees are doing everything they can to get back to a sense of normalcy, including taking vacations. At the same time, employers are doing everything they can to keep the workspace safe. No matter where you’re going to or coming from, our urgent care near Cedar Park has you covered! Learn how Family First Express Care can help with your medical needs.
How We Can Help Employers
We’re here to help you with all of your COVID-19 testing services. We can test workers from all industries, such as food services, first responders, retails, nursing homes, and many more. Additionally, some states have placed rules and regulations in action that require weekly or bi-weekly testing for all employees. Everyone wants to make returning to work as safe as possible during this pandemic, and we’re here to help you do it faster and more efficiently.
How We Can Help Employees
Will you soon be traveling internationally or domestically? Are you returning from traveling? No matter where you are going to or coming from, our urgent care near Cedar Park has you covered! According to EEOC, an employer may ask whether employees return from specific locations, even if the travel was personal. They may even be able to require testing before the employee comes back into the workspace. Results can take anywhere from 48 to 72 hours. We can provide COVID-19 PCR testing for those wishing to travel internationally or wishing to return to work if their employer requires testing.
Services and Testing Our Urgent Care Near Cedar Park provides
To give you quick peace of mind, our urgent care offers rapid COVID-19 tests. These tests can identify patients who currently have the COVID-19 virus in five to 10 minutes! During the visit, all patients will be screened by one of our providers to receive the rapid test.
To visit and see if you qualify for a rapid COVID-19 test, please:
- Check-In Online: Utilize our paperless check-in and registration to schedule an appointment. Remain in your vehicle, and call the clinic to let the staff know that you have arrived for your appointment.
- Schedule a Virtual Visit: Meet virtually with one of our providers using your computer or mobile device. If a test is required, an appointment will be scheduled for an in-person visit.
- Virtual Visits are recommended for those with no symptoms but possible exposure to the virus.
- Walk-In and Call Ahead: Walk-ins are welcome; however, online check-in is highly encouraged to help stop the spread. Please call upon arrival and remain in your vehicle for instructions. Staff may require online check-in upon arrival.
Those who do not qualify for a rapid COVID-19 test may be offered a send-out COVID-19 test with results back in two to seven days. Our team is proud to be delivering greater accessibility to a service that will help create a healthier tomorrow!
Stay Safe When You Travel
In the U.S., you must wear face masks on trains, buses, or planes and other forms of public transportation. If you haven’t had the COVID-19 vaccine, you can follow these steps to protect yourself and others when you travel:
- Maintain a safe distance of 6 feet between you and others
- Avoid contact with anyone showing signs of sickness
- Limit contact with handrails, elevator buttons, and kiosks.
- Wear a face mask in indoor public spaces where there is a high risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- Clean your hands often.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Do you have questions about our services? Call us at 512-318-2430 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. We’re open and ready to help!